Join the Learning Network for an exciting day exploring the use of the arts in worship through a series of hands-on exploratory workshops.
Try out creative ways to worship using singing, drama, painting, needlecraft or writing psalms, to name a few.
Come and join us for the second of our How to…days
Ric Stott will be giving the keynote on how the arts leads us into a deeper relationship with ourselves and with God.
1. Journalling with stitches: using free stitching as an approach to prayerfully reflect onmoments and events in our lives – with Ruth Sprague
2. The words: poetry in worship – James Morley
3. A pictures paints a thousand praises: worship through picture making – Siggy Parratt- Halbert
4. What a performance! Making the most of drama, storytelling or reading in worship – Merry Evans
5. Praying in a visual culture – From Icons to Images, how do visuals help us to pray? – Fiona Fidgin
6. Singing ourselves open – singing a range of songs in different styles to open you up, loosen your bodies and enable you to express what’s inside. – Alison Adam of the Iona Community
The day is free and lunch is provided