Volunteer opportunities at Beacon
Beacon is a small Bradford-based charity that runs four projects providing practical support to asylum seekers. Most of its work is carried out by teams of very dedicated volunteers. In 2015 Beacon celebrated its 10th anniversary.
Help develop and support our work – join the Trustees!
Beacon is seeking additional trustees to help shape the future of the organisation through a period of significant change, growth and development. Beacon is looking for skilled and committed individuals to join the unpaid Board of Trustees. The Board is collectively responsible for the governance and strategic direction of Beacon. Successful applicants will be expected to take an active role in ensuring the organisation’s work towards its key missions, objectives and goals.
Beacon is especially interested in applicants with board/management committee-level experience and expertise in one or more of the following: fundraising, legal issues, equal opportunities, HR, marketing, strategic planning, issues facing asylum seekers and campaigning.
Trustees are asked to commit an average of 1- 2 days each month to the organisation, which will include attending board meetings, possibly sub groups and occasional events. They will be expected to remain well informed about the organisation and its activities and take a personal interest in and collective responsibility for its development and sustainability.
Ideally new board members will have previous experience in a similar role and some understanding of the voluntary sector and small charities.
Interested, want to know more?
Contact either the Rev Sarah Jemison (Chair of Beacon) by emailing email@example.com or calling 01274 811383; or Katy Armitstead (Team Leader) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01274 727 525 for more information. More details can be seen at https://beaconbradford.org/newtrustees/
Volunteer opportunities at Baildon Methodist Church
At the Church AGM on Sunday 17 June, the following vital role- vacancies were outlined:
- 1 or preferably 2 people to make sure all the personal data we hold on individuals couples with the new GDPR legislation;
- Someone to send out invoices for room Lettings on a monthly basis (vital as this brings in 25% of our church income.
- Someone to become the Gift Aid Secretary, to work with Robert Watson during the coming year and take over from him September 2019 (reclaiming Gift Aid brings us £10,000 per year income).
- Someone to take over from Rita Walker as Wesleys Café Treasurer.
- Someone to take over all our parts of the absolutely crucial role of Church Treasurer, to work with John Sykes this year, and take over in September 2019.
If you are interested – see the notice on the Church noticeboard in Wesleys and talk to Chris, Mervyn, Peter, or John, or e-Mail