The Church Council is the ultimate governing body of Baildon Methodist Church, being the Church’s Managing Trustees. Constituted by The Methodist Church’s Standing Orders 610 thru 616.
As a member of the Church Council you will share in the responsibility of overseeing and leading the Church in:-
- the care of its members;
- its outreach, especially to those on the community roll;
- planning its policy;
- its financial commitments;
- the care of its property (including money);
The Church Council generally consists of:
- The Link Minister and/or probationary Ministers
- The Church Stewards
- The Church Treasurer
- The Pastoral Committee Secretary
- The Church Council Secretary
- Not less than six and nor more than fifteen representatives elected annually by the General Church Meeting
- Up to fifteen additional persons appointed by the council to ensure that all areas of the church’s life are adequately represented
- One circuit steward appointed by the circuit stewards
Reports are usually presented by each office holder to the Church Council, preferably in writing, before each meeting.
GROUP DETAILS AND FREQUENCY
Where: Baildon Methodist Church
Time: All meetings commence at 7:30pm unless otherwise stated
Frequency: The group generally meets three times a year.
Meeting Information [Password Protected contact Web-master for key]
18th October 2012: Minutes
16th February: Minutes, Agenda Members Stewards Rept Eco-officer Rept Finance Working Party Rept Pastoral Rept Safeguarding Policy 2012 Safeguarding Rept W&CL Rept Trustees Annual Rept Enabling Rept Finance Rept Property Rept